Awards Banquet Survey – please let us know what you think by Friday @5:00PM EST
Thank you to all who joined us at KingPin in Jtown for our August Membership meeting. See below for quick summary:
1) The Board of Trustees has voted to resign from the Halloween Weekend Bracket Enduro and PDX due the financial risk and current position of the club. It is likely that the event will continue under a different club or group so please stay tuned for further information.
2) The Board of Trustees has also brought the 2015 Trailer Purchase back to the table. Previously this year Membership agreed for up to $18,500 towards all trailer improvement/replacement costs. Our current trailer at age 20+ is less usable with each tow. Stay tuned as more information will be available at the Board & Membership Meetings to come in the next few months.
3) September 11-13 is Holly LS Fest @Beachbend in Bowling Green. KYSCCA is hosting the autox and we are looking for volunteers. Keep an eye out for the sign-up genius we need folks all 3 days, water, Gatorade, lunch, dinner and lodging (4 to a room) is taken care of and for every day you work you will earn 1 free entry for each day you work. This will be our 3rd year participating and it is not only lucrative for the club but we have gained in membership both years previous.
4) The FOLLOWING weekend on Saturday, September 19 we are hosting a “TRSS” Tire Rack Street Survival School @KFEC The MSR is already up for students and will be soon for helpers and instructors.
*As of today there are 4 students already signed up. This program is very valuable to our community and we encourage you to spread the word and share the link below to anyone you know who might know a teen driver:
5) THAT SAME NIGHT… We will be hosting a T&T from 6pm to 10pm MSR will be up soon. IF you are an instructor or helper at TRSS your entry fee will only be $30. Regular Price will be $50 space is limited. Instructor & T&T Sign-Up Below
For more information about Board & Membership Meeting Dates & Locations please feel free to contact anyone in Leadership. We value your questions and opinions and our goal is to have fun and be efficient at providing excellent Motorsports events for our membership. There is always more to do and the easiest way to become in the know and get involved is to attend these meetings.
2015 KYSCCA Secretary
Please join us in the Lounge at Kingpin Lanes in Jeffersontown Thursday August 6 at 7:00PM. Members attending will be entered into a drawing to win a free autox entry!
More details for the event can be found at http://kyscca.com/events/kyscca-august-2015-membership-meeting/
The location for the June membership meeting has been moved to Kingpin Lanes in Jeffersontown. More details for the event can be found at http://kyscca.com/events/kyscca-june-membership-meeting/
The meeting location for the May board meeting has been moved to the El Nopal on Eastern Parkway. Apologies for the short notice. Arrive at 6:30 for dinner. Meeting will start at 7:00.
Are you looking to gain an edge over your fellow competitors? Do you think the setup of your car needs adjusted? Now is the time to find out. The 2014 KYSCCA Autocross Driving School and Test-n-Tune is Saturday May 23rd. Information can be found in the links below.
The SCCA Tire Rack Bowling Green Match Tour event was in full swing at the National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park this weekend. Be sure to visit the SCCA’s website to get all the info including results.
Solomatter.com has a full writeup recapping the Match Tour event. Check it out at http://www.solomatters.com/2015_tire_rack_kentucky_match_tour_event_recap
For everyone who wants to look at the club’s history I’m happy to report that autocross results dating back to 2003 are now available for viewing on the website. But that is not all. Editions of the Downshift newsletter as far back as 2005 are now online. And just for fun, minutes from the board meetings in 2006 and 2007 can now be looked at.
Big thanks to James Duncan who provided results for 2003-2005.
Autocross Results: http://kyscca.com/autocross-results/
Downshift Newsletter: http://kyscca.com/about-us-2/downshift-newsletter/
Board Meeting Minutes: http://kyscca.com/about-us-2/board-meeting-minutes/
Today’s membership meeting is cancelled. Stay safe folks.
Just would like to invite everyone out to BlueGrass Indoor Karting this Thursday 3/5 for our monthly meeting at 7 pm. We will also have Jerry Cabe and others coming from Cincinnati to tell our membership at large about corner working, and the worker chief training programs that are needed to put on road races at SCCA affiliated tracks Like Mid Ohio, NCM and others across North America.
Hope to see you guys there and bring 5.00 for Jets Pizza if you’d like to have a eating meeting 🙂